question

rasc avatar image
rasc asked

No Bluetooth connection between Blue Smart IP67 Charger 12/13 an Android / iOS Smartphone

I connected my new Blue Smart IP67 Charger 12/13 with with my Galaxy S10e Smartphone. Connection, firmware update and changing Bluetooth PIN were successfully.

After installing the VictronConnect App on a second device (I-Phone 7), the connection was also successfully.

Then I tried to reconnect to the Galalxy. Result:

No device ist listed on both smartphones! Aft

I tried the following on all devices: delete the bluetooth entries, delete cache, restart smartphones and Blue Smart Charger, uninstall an reinstall the Victron App.

Result: No bluetooth device is available on both smartphones. Also the installation on a third device (Android Tablet) was not successful!

Any ideas or solutions?

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @RASC

Did you try to disconnect the charger from AC and battery for approx 5 minutes?

When you reconnect the charger to AC, do any of the LEDs on the charger turn on? The green LED should be on continuously.

And is the charger still charging the battery?

Can you please also check with the following app if the charger is visible there: nRF Connect for Mobile - Apps on Google Play . This is an app that can scan for bluetooth low energy devices like our products.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rasc avatar image
rasc answered ·

Hi,

<<Did you try to disconnect the charger from AC and battery for approx 5 minutes?

Yes, but same result. No bluetooth device is shown in the App.

<<When you reconnect the charger to AC, do any of the LEDs on the charger turn on? The green LED

<<should be on continuously.

<<And is the charger still charging the battery?

Yes, I think it is charging the battery. The greed LED is on continuously and the yellow LED is blinking slowly.

<<Can you please also check with the following app if the charger is visible there: nRF Connect for

<<Mobile - Apps on Google Play . This is an app that can scan for bluetooth low energy devices like our <<products.

Ok, I will check the proposed App.

Additional question:

How can I reset the bluetooh PIN without using the App?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Ralph

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @RASC

With the ip67 model, you cannot reset the pincode without using the app.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
rasc avatar image
rasc answered ·

I installed the App nRF Connect for Mobile now. Result: "No devices found".

I tried this using two different smartphones - without success!

2 |3000

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hello @RASC

Maybe the charger slipped into a mode where the bluetooth got disabled. There are 2 disable bluetooth modes on this charger:
1. Disable permanently
2. Enable for 30 seconds after power up

Can you remove the charger from AC for a minute, then start VictronConnect and then plugin the charger into AC? When it slipped into the second disable mode, it will be enable the bluetooth for 30 seconds in which it should be visible in VictronConnect, you can connect to the charger and then re-enable bluetooth in the product info menu.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000