question

Wes Humpage avatar image
Wes Humpage asked

Fronius Primo Inverters / Smart Meter integration with Cerbo

Hi,

I have a 2 phase installation (80A per Phase) with the following

Main Switchboard with installed fronius smart meter

Sub Board (located 130m from mian Board) with 26.25kw of solar (4 x Fronius Primo Inverters)

Solar is limited to 5kw per phase export with the fronius smart meter.

I would like to connect a cebo to monitor grid import / export, solar production and consumption. The reason I would like to do this is that I already have 5 other smaller off grid victron systems, I would like to keep all of the info in the one system.

1) Connection of the Fronius Primo inverters to the cerbo seem straight foward, can the cerbo pull the fronius smart meter data?

2) If the cerbo cant get that data from the fronius smart meter, what would be the best setup to get all of the site data?

cerbo gxFronius
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi Wes, the Cerbo can't get data from the Fronius Smart meter.

What you could do is install a Cerbo and a grid meter. That might work:

The Cerbo will, in its device list, show the grid meter and the pv inverters. I'm quite sure it will calculate the solar yield properly; and also show that properly on VRM.

But I'm not 100% sure if it will calculate the kWhs properly, nor how the overviews are rendered, since they're all designed for an inverter/charger to be installed.

I'm afraid that to find out, you'll just have to try.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Wes Humpage avatar image Wes Humpage commented ·

Thanks I will try that. What grid meter would you recomend that will work with the cerbo?

I have quite a few cerbos at the farm (5 currently) I have seen the inverters pop up as an option on one of them before, so that does work. Its just the grid power in/out that I need. I am just trying to get everything to display in the one place. I have two more off grid installations yet to add in.

1658482114878.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1658482114878.png (82.4 KiB)
Wes Humpage avatar image
Wes Humpage answered ·

@mvader (Victron Energy) any thoughts?

2 |3000