question

jetman avatar image
jetman asked

GX LTE 4G-E is not being recognised by my GX Controller.

Hi, I have just had the system commissioned by On Board Energy (victron dealer) at Nuneaton

1 week ago with all the latest equipment just shipped from Holland.

I purchased the GX LTE 4G-E when I was there as it had only just arrived by carrier.

The GX Colour Controller shows V 2.51 When I scroll to settings-modem the GX LTE 4G-E cannot be found. I have checked the sim with my other devices, and contacted EE all is operational.

You will have to excuse my lack of tech understanding as this is quite new to me!

gx device4g
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @jetman,

Which GX device and which Venus version are you running?

Which exact step of the installation is not working? - https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:gx-lte

0 Likes 0 ·
6 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @jetman,

Definitely the first thing to do is update to the latest GX firmware - see here for instructions how - https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/CCGX/en/gx---how-to-update-firmware.html

Once you've done that, and tested it again, please report back :)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jetman avatar image
jetman answered ·

OK, Thanks.

2 |3000

jetman avatar image
jetman answered ·

To all that are interested!! I have found the issue with the GX Controller and the GX Lte 4g-e and connecting to the ethernet. All was needed after speaking with my service provider was a reboot of my modem! Despite information gathered from the Victron help site indicating non conformity issues with an IP address starting with 169 which I started with, a reboot (switching off for a few minuets) on start up the IP address changed and I was able to connect satisfactorily. A short farmwear update from V2.51 - V2.72 solved my recognition issue between the GX Colour and the GX LTE 4G-E Modem. I was then able to continue with the VRM installation, All done.

2 |3000

jetman avatar image
jetman answered ·

Hi Guy, I have a usb Wi-Fi dongle which I just plugged into the GX Controller but this also in not shown as connected. Do i need to connect to the Ethernet using direct connection?

1 comment
2 |3000

Yes please, it’s the most reliable way.
0 Likes 0 ·
jetman avatar image
jetman answered ·

Hi Guy, I have had no luck with the WI-fI Dongle, I have made up a cat 5e connection to the ethernet rooter. Using the GX Controller I have checked for latest updates, It would appear that I have the latest installed. P.S. I have spoken with my supplier today but unfortunately the have little to no experience with my situation.

1 comment
2 |3000

Can you please confirm what version that is?

0 Likes 0 ·
jetman avatar image
jetman answered ·

Good morning Guy, Rewind... I am not sure now if my connection to the Ethernet is satisfactory, after a reboot on the GX Controller I am finding a error message non connection. Connecting direct to the Virgin router, It would appear I have an IP address starting with 169. So It looks like I am unable to connect to the internet after all!! How do go forward, and what is the latest Firmware available please.

1 comment
2 |3000

There are alternative methods described in the manual here - https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/CCGX/en/gx---how-to-update-firmware.html

The most recent version number for the CCGX is listed here - https://updates.victronenergy.com/feeds/venus/release/images/ccgx/

This is the specific file for the CCGX for the SD-card method - venus-swu-ccgx.swu

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources