question

perma-batteries avatar image
perma-batteries asked

GX Compatibility with Murata Fortelion

Hello,

We plan to build an ESS system comprised of a Multi II GX and a couple of IJ1001M Fortelion Murata batteries. These batteries are relatively unknown and we do have first hand experience with them, so we'd have two questions please to Victron tech teams :

- Can you confirm the good functionning of the Murata system with latest Venus OS ?

- Which specific CAN BMS cable should we use ? Type A or B?

We heard that some improvements regarding communication with Murata were made with Venus OS 2.53v. We have been told however that one user experienced communication issues with the GX, we just need to double check before we move forward with that project...

Thanks in advance for the insights !

Multiplus-IIESSgx device
sony-fortelion.png (50.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @perma-batteries

I've got confirmation from Elektromechanik Meisl that these work with the GX products.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hkb2020 avatar image
hkb2020 answered ·

Hello all,

I've got a Sony / Murata Fortelion system (1x IJ1002C + 4x IJ1001M) which I want to connect to my new Venus GX (v2.60) device via CAN bus. There was a cable delivered with the controller which connects to the DB9 CAN bus jack on the IJ1002C and had a RJ45 plug on the other end.
As it was not crimped correctly to follow the (VE.)Can standard - i had cut this end and connected the wires to CAN2 on the Venus GX (first wanted to test and then crimp this end properly).

As there is no V+ / V- on this one-2-one CAN bus - do I need to add DC voltage to the bus?
How do I do this in a proper way when the Sony is connected to CAN2 which doesn't offer V+ and V- terminals?

Any input appreciated :)

Thanks in advance

Benny

1 comment
2 |3000

metz-producties avatar image metz-producties commented ·
Hello,

I've got a Sony IJ1004C and 2 IJ1001M.

Does the CAN communication work with Cerbo GX?

How is the cable connection setup?

The sony side is subd 9 pin and the cerbo gc RJ45.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·