question

baughb avatar image
baughb asked

SmartShunt quit reading charge current. No change in any cabling.

SmartController 100/20; SmartShunt 100, 100ah Lifepo4 battery

Small portable system was fine yesterday, this morning, my Shunt quit reading charge current to the battery according to the app. Continues to read current draw and all other information.

Nothing had changed. Everything is in the exact state as 16 hours ago when it was working properly. What is the fix for this?

Bob

SmartShunt
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·
Is the SmartSolar still charging? Maybe the problem is at the charger.
0 Likes 0 ·
baughb avatar image baughb seb71 commented ·
The charging process continues to function. Only the App’s metering of the incoming current flow in the Shunt’s control window is not functioning.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
ddickov avatar image
ddickov answered ·

Hi there have you tried rebooting the phone and uninstall the app and reinstall maybe help fix the issue, if possible power down the shunt and reboot it see if that sorts I hope this helps a bit david

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

baughb avatar image baughb commented ·
I have not deleted the app and reinstalled it yet. I’ll try that. At least it is reading the battery’s voltage so I can gauge by that.
0 Likes 0 ·
ddickov avatar image ddickov baughb commented ·
No probs let me know how you get on
0 Likes 0 ·
taylortops avatar image
taylortops answered ·

It was reluctant to appear for me the first time. I went through the 'check for firmware update' process and that made it appear. Check your serial cable too. I found that the shunt will drop data points from the stream if it can't determine them. Are you able to provide a DC circuit diagram?

2 |3000