question

hereo-l avatar image
hereo-l asked

Firmware update failed at 52%..

Hi there,

I have a Bluesolar MPPT 150/35.

Today I have been noticed to update it to new versión v1.56. I have started it, but the phone has conected to a WiFi Network in the middle and the update has failed at 52%.

All seems to work ok. And the device shows versión v1.56. So it doesn't allow to update again... I have try using Ve Direct connect and with VRM connection. But no other result.

Any idea about it? Is it bad idea to leave it as is? Any choice to force a new update?

Thanks a lot in advance

Igor

VictronConnectfirmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Hereo L.

You should be fine. They can be restarted if there are issues.

The firmware is bundled in connect so a WiFi connection is not necessary for the update.

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2019/04/18/tech-tip-firmware-updates-with-victronconnect/

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VictronConnect_Manual/en/firmware-updates.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hereo-l avatar image
hereo-l answered ·

Thanks. But the thing is I was doing it with my phone. And the proccess failed... In fact I was forced to kill the app.. What yo are advised not to do.

I'm really concerned about the state of the firmware and it's coherence..

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Hereo L.

Since you are seeing the new firmware version number it must have been successful.

If it is producing and behaving fine as well then you are all good.

All I can say is that the "successful" message was not sent back to your phone. I have had something similar happen a few updates ago and had no issues at all.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows