question

Chris Marks avatar image
Chris Marks asked

Smartshunt - positive wires for two batteries

Hi,

I have two lifepo4 batteries with take offs drom both terminals of each batteries as recommending for ‘parallel’ wiring by the manufacturer of the batteries I have.

Just wiring in my smart shunt - looking at the diagram in the leaflet with the shunt it shows both positive in the vbatt and aux connections for what looks to be a series wired battery setup.

Do I need to connect both my batteries positive wise to the shunt?

battery chargingSmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Both of your battery modules are wired in parallel, so that effectively counts as one battery. Therefore the common positive for those should connect with one wire to the vbatt+ terminal.

The Aux is for another separate battery, like a start battery. Also could be used for mid point Voltage monitoring if two batteries modules are in series with one another. And finally the Aux could also be used for battery temperature monitoring if the temperature sensor cable is used.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic