question

bigal avatar image
bigal asked

Victron Phoenix 12/375

Hi,

I have a Victron Phoenix 12/375 (230V). I could not see any mention in the installation menu of it requiring a fuse on the DC supply side.

Is it required?

Thanks

Al

Phoenix Inverterfuses
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

Yes you always fuse as close to the battery as possible, or when you branch of from a bigger wire that is already fused.

The fuse should probably be 30A with appropriate wiring.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bigal avatar image
bigal answered ·

Thanks I have done that.

I have also powered it up for the first time. It is installed on a boat with no shorepower.

The output is 230v AC, and it appears to power devices just fine, however I am measuring 115v AC between Earth and Neutral on the AC plug on the inverter - I do not think this is normal.

I note this is exactly half the AC output (230v). Thoughts?

1 comment
2 |3000

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

yes I answered in the thread you made about that. comes down to a not grounded Phoenix casing I think.

0 Likes 0 ·
sebas01 avatar image
sebas01 answered ·

@bigal I also have a Phoenix 12/375 and can't see any mention of installing a fuse in the manual. It mentions an 80A internal fuse.

A 375VA (375W) inverter should be capable of outputting 375/12 = 31.25A constantly, so a 30A fuse would certainly not be enough @Boekel . I think I will match the size of the internal fuse and install an 80A fuse between the inverter and my 12V agm house battery.

1 comment
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

The 12/350 has a soldered down 40a fuse.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Phoenix Inverter product page

Phoenix Inverter Smart product page