question

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem asked

GuiMods tanks display on Flow Overview not working on v2.72~1

I updated Venus to v2.72~1 today and the mods I made to display tank information on the Flow Overview page stopped working. My enhancements show on the Mobile Overview page and both use the same Tile Tank.qml file. The tiles appear but the data is invalid. I have compared the original files that I modify between v2.71 and 2.72~1 and have not found any differences. The GUI isn't showing any new error messages.

If you are using the tanks display on the Flow Overview, you should probably disable it if running v2.72~1 until I can find the issue.

If it's some bug created in v2.72~1, hopefully the next release will resolve it.

Venus OStank monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi Kevin, between v2.71 and v2.72~2 there is only one difference, which is fixing a small regression in the pv inverter driver. It has nothing to do with qml / gui or anything else. So I think you're having some other issue; not sure what though.

best regards, Matthijs

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Fixed.

I had a bug in my code that creates a file set for a specific Venus version if one does not exist.

GuiMods modifies OverviewHub.qml and there is a new version as of v2.70~16 to accommodate changes in the way tanks are served up for display. It turns out that the unmodified OverviewHub.qml has not been changed since v2.40 (and possibly before that). I was incorrectly picking the modified OverviewHub.qml from v2.40 when building v2.72~1 and v2.72~2 file sets.

The reason v2.71 didn't have the problem is that OverviewHub.qml existed in that file set so I didn't need to search for an appropriate replacement from another file set.

All better now.

2 |3000

Jeffery and Carolyn avatar image
Jeffery and Carolyn answered ·

Thank you for your work on this!

2 |3000