question

Ralf Klüber avatar image
Ralf Klüber asked

VE.Can resistive tank sensor on Venus OS/Pi 3B+

Hi,

How can I connect a resistive tank sensor to venus OS on a Pi?

I own a camper and wanted to add proper battery monitoring. Your solution stands out bc of your support of the open source community. Thats why I bought a BMV-702 in a hear beat. Plus VE.Direct to USB to be able to get it connected with a Pi3B+ running Venus OS.

I want to get rid of the existing panel which only adds information about tank fill (fresh/grey water).

How can I add the tank information to venus os running on the Pi? Do I need some Can bus hardware?

Thanks in advance.

Ralf

Venus OStank monitorcampervan
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nebulight avatar image
nebulight answered ·

I'm working on this and have it working without the pricey VE.CAN adapter. I hope to do a write up/tutorial on this. But see this for now

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/19608/raspberry-pi-analog-inputs-tank-input.html

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mark avatar image Mark commented ·

@nebulight do you know a way to change the resistance values? i'd like to use it to show my lpg level.

My LPG sender is 0 - 95 ohm not eruo 0 - 190, my water tank one is working well though.

Thanks

Mark

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

GX Tank 140 product page

Connecting tank monitoring to Cerbo GX

Victron Venus OS Open Source intro page

Venus OS GitHub (please do not post to this)