question

Nickus de Vos avatar image
Nickus de Vos asked

Communication between SmartSolar and MultiPlus

Hi all

I have a Multiplus 12/1200/50 and a SmartSolar 100/20 MPPT in my camping trailer. Is it possible to connect the two to have them communicate?

My concern is overcharging of the Lifeypo4 battery if both devices are connected at the same time, it's a expensive battery so I don't want to take any chances.

I plan to get a VE.Bus Smart Dongle for the Multiplus so that I can remotely monitor it, since I currently only have the lights on the unit to go by, but adding a color control or something like that to the system is out of the question, it's too expensive and overkill for my application.

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

A Venus device is the highly recommended and supported solution, using the DVCC feature.

It is possible to make your own with a raspberry pi or BBB, and save some out of pocket cash, if you don’t price your own extra time required to do the research and setting it up.

While I think the CCGX is great value for what it is, I wish there was a way to make the CCGX more affordable for everyone, I think it should be on every Victron system.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources