question

tony-c avatar image
tony-c asked

ccgx firmware v2.66

For months now I have started my generator and watch my (CCGX) color controller as the Quattro charges my batteries. Bulk - Absorption and then Float. At which point I turn of the GenSet.

The only time that I had ever seen the status "passthrough" was when connected to shore power

Enter CCGX firmware V2.66.

Started charging and the charge was about 70% and I heard the GenSet unload. Charging had stopped and the status was PassThrough.

It gets worse. Started up GenSet this morning and the "System" is stuck in PassThrough and not charging at all. AC loads are being supported by the GenSet and the Inverter appears to be idle.

Turned off the GenSet, Changed the Quattro to "Charger Only" and battery charging look as normal.

Turned off the GenSet, Changed the Quattro to "ON (Charger & Inverter) and battery charging looks as normal. Bulk - Absorption and then Float

Anyone got any ideas?..............Do I revert back to previous firmware version?

Now is it just me or is it every time there is an update in the systems firmware a series of issues are identified in this forum. My belief is supported by the change log that accompanies the next version, where substantial number of changes are to rectify/correct faults installed by the previous update.

Are Victron customers being used as the Crash Test Dummies, i wonder?

CCGX Color Controlfirmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Tony C

The software is Beta tested before public release. I know from experience, as we run a system with Beta software.

Systems go into pass through fro a number of reasons, however it is most likely bms or battery related issue that cause this.

Or input current limit? I don't know how your inverter is programmed so it could be any number of other reasons. Are you also updating your inverter as well as the other components of your system? I have seem weird issues happen when all components but the inverter are updated.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic