question

jrheault avatar image
jrheault asked

Multiplus 3000 shutdown ramdomly on Shore power

I have a 3000w multiplus 120v, cerbo gx, 3x100ah lithium battery, 4/0 wire and a bmv712 battery monitor.

When I plug it to Shore power it ramdomly shutdown even with small load (less than 500w) and then restart by it self. Limit curent set to 30amp on 30amp outlet. It tried an other 15amp plug curent Limit set to 15amp or 10amp. No difference. Shutdown often.

Battery full, 20deg C, well ventilated area. All connections tight.

It works fine on battery inverter mode(no Shore power)

Charger only mode no shutdown at all.

Any idea? Thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jrheault avatar image
jrheault answered ·

Update: Back home and pluged my RV to my 30amp outlet. Everything is fine, no shutdown since 3 days on inverter mode.

Maybe a bad wiring on the outlet i was using last week-end? Missing ground or reverse polarity can cause multiplus to shutdown on inverter mode? Charger only was fine...

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@jrheault

Thank you for the update. I was wondering if maybe a neutral live mix-up on the shore power side was the issue, dodgy electrics that side most likely. Or bad ground.

0 Likes 0 ·