question

jaqibar avatar image
jaqibar asked

Running an Phoenix Inverter 48/5000 and Quattro 48/10000 From the same battery bank using cerbo?

I have a load that cannot have any dip in power supply, and the Quattro 10Kva is just to slow on 20 milliseconds to carry this load uninterrupted. Then the rest of the loads that run on the Quattro. The idea now is to run the sensitive load on a Phoenix Inverter48/5000 and the remaining loads on the Quattro 48/ 10000 from the same Lithium battery bank large enough to carry both inverters at loads. The battery has Can-bus (BMS Port) communication to the GX. Question now is can it be done with both inverters running at the same time and will I be able to monitor each inverter and loads via the GX unit and do I need any other equipment or devises to do this?

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

You can only monitor one unit at a time, Ie too different size or types of inverters cant be monitored on one Cerbo GX, you would need a cerbo GX for each one

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jaqibar avatar image jaqibar commented ·

What if I run the Phoenix Inverter's AC output through a separate energy meter and select it a Gen/Pv inverter on the Cerbo?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phil Gavin avatar image Phil Gavin jaqibar commented ·

Interesting idea, no clue if it will work, although I don't see why not, but maybe there is a reason.

If you are going to trial this idea:

Could I suggest using a CT version meter? That way you will be able to program an adjusted CT ratio to counter inverter losses and still maintain accuracy.

(Assuming of course that it works at all).

Please let us know any outcome if you do try this.

0 Likes 0 ·