question

diamach avatar image
diamach asked

Yacht installation Lithium

I'm upgrading to Victron Lithium on my yacht, 3 x 100AH type.

I have the MPPT100/30, BMV-712 already installed, and recently puchased the CL 12/100, and the VE non inverting cable to go between the MPPT and CL12/100.

I also purchased the 220amp Smart Battery Protect, as i'm running a 2000w inverter (not Victron).

I managed to "blend" a couple of schematics from Victron, and just wanted to check that it all looks good before i install the system.

Other relevant info is the boat has a 100A alternator and 600W of solar panels, (2 x 200W fixed and 2 x 100W flexible that i bring out in winter)

Can i get some feedback on this schematic? Most importantly have i messed something!!wiring.png

BMV Battery MonitorLithium BatteryBattery Protect
wiring.png (290.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
hoeken avatar image
hoeken answered ·

I'm not an expert, but the shunt has 2 small connections on it to monitor battery 1 voltage and battery 2 / temperature. you need to connect that first one to your house bank + and i would recommend the 2nd one to your starter battery + since the managed lithium batteries report their temperature to the bms already. that way you can monitor both voltages easily on the bmv712

according to ABYC, you should also have switches to disconnect both your start and house batteries, as well as a fuses or breakers on the solar panels +, mppt+, and from house battery+ to the Battery Protect.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

Having lived on a yacht for 12 yeasrs, and living in an off grid house with lithiums, the only adition I would make is to put led lighting circuits (fused) direct to the battery - then if you get a disconnection at night, you can still see. Battery disconnect switches are also REQUIRED as mentioned above.

2 |3000

diamach avatar image
diamach answered ·

wiringupdated200621.png

This better?

2 |3000