question

digitaldvd avatar image
digitaldvd asked

Victron connect app changing device names no problem but when i view them under windows pc app they are still the original device name??

Victron connect app changing device names no problem but when i view them under windows pc app they are still the original device name?? is this because it is a software name change under my phone app and not a hardware name change ,also under the pc app there is no where as far as i can see to change the device name where as under the phone app there is an edit option im also aware under the vrm portal you can change the device name but again this seems to be a software name change and not a hardware name change am i doing something wrong or is it a bug the reason i ask is i use my pc to monitor more than i use a phone and thats when i noticed the name off the device not changing,any advise Thanks

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hello,

The behavior regarding name changes depends on the product. In some products (like most VE.Direct SmartSolar chargers), the name is only stored in the part of the product that is handling the BLE. This means that VictronConnect on a phone will report the changed name, but when connecting the product via VE.Direct, VictronConnect and a GX device (CCGX, Cerbo GX) will show the original name.

In some other products (e.g. BMV712, SmartShunt, Phoenix Smart Charger), the name is stored more centrally in the product and a changed name will show both on the phone and on the PC/laptop or GX device.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

digitaldvd avatar image
digitaldvd answered ·

Thanks for the reply but there is no edit command to change the product name under windows victron connect app can this be added to the app like the phone app Thanks

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi,

When there is no possibility to edit the name on windows, it means that the the product is not able to store the name via a VE.Direct connection. This would mean that the name would have to be stored on the PC and would only show in that VictronConnect, but this functionality is at the moment indeed not available in VictronConnect.

With kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources