question

mtv11 avatar image
mtv11 asked

BMS for Prisma lifepo4 cells on a Multiplus II

Hi every one, I need to connect 16s3p battery banks to a Multiplus II. I have 3 Chargery 16T BMS on the 3 banks. In the system i also have Cerbo connected to the Multiplus

How do I go about to connect the 3 Chargery’s to the cerbo?

BMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I'm not sure how you have three BMS16T? Do you have three 48V packs then connected in parallel? That is a strange way to do it, better would be to parallel three cells and then 16 in series and use one BMS. This would be a more stable arrangement.
The BMS16T hs charger and discharger relay outputs. You can connect each of these to an Aux input of the MultiPlus. If you have the three BMS units, then you'll need to parallel the discharge relay outputs into one Aux input of the MultiPlus and then parallel the charge relay outputs into the other Aux input of the MultiPlus.
Then in the MultiPlus you can use a "Two signal BMS" assistant which will allow the BMS to cut dischare or cut charge.
The two BMS states "Allowed to charge" or "Allowed to discharge" will be conveyed on VE.Bus to be seen on the Cerbo.
The BMS16T does not connect directly to the Cerbo.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mtv11 avatar image mtv11 commented ·
Hi wkirby, thank you for response. I have the 3 BMS to balance each of the 48 cells individually, but i suppose if i connect three cells in parallel they will balance the voltage anyway.
0 Likes 0 ·
mtv11 avatar image
mtv11 answered ·

Hi wkirby, i had a look at the assistant and looks good, how do i fiscally connect the BMS to the Multiplus Aux I/O?

Please share the details you will help me taking my hands out of my hair.

2 |3000