question

llubi avatar image
llubi asked

GX ERROR #48: DVCC with incompatible firmware

Hi, I had this problem in te Cerbo with firmware 2.61 & 2.63. It happened few times every month, but today I upgraded to 2.66 and it’s happening twice every hour.

I checked and all the firmwares are right, according to the DVCC manual, but just in case I’m missing something, system is:

Cerbo GX

Multiplus 12/1600/70 with latest firmware using MK3 cable and Victron connect

MPPT 100/20 using Victron connect app

BMV712 using app

Orion TR not related

2x battery sense not related

IP67 charger not related

Any ideas?

Thanks!

cerbo gxVRMfirmware update
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi,

Is the Cerbo connected to VRM and does it have remote support enabled? If so, do you mind if we login and take a look at what might be going on? If you don't mind, can you please give the site name (or MPPT/BMV serial number)?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
llubi avatar image llubi Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·

Sure Thimo! Thank you so much, what do you need to find my installation? Just changed language to English, hope it helps

0 Likes 0 ·
llubi avatar image llubi Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·

BMV serial is: HQ1836F19LE

Sorry signal is not the best, so connection may be slow…

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi,

I see that there are a lot of transmission errors between the MPPT and the Cerbo. This causes the Cerbo to sometimes misinterpret the firmware version, raising the alarm about the firmware version. Why this would be worse with 2.66 compared to 2.63, I have no idea..

What you could try is to check the VE.Direct cable between the MPPT and the Cerbo. Remove and reconnect it again. When this does not seem to help, you can also try to move the VE.Direct connection to a different port on the Cerbo.

A last thing is to check if the VE.Direct cable is right next to some other current carrying cables. If this is the case, then try whether changing the path of the VE.Direct cable would help (when this is possible).

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

llubi avatar image llubi commented ·

Thanks!!

Cable is along with bigger ones positive and negatives, so I think it's suffering from electrical interferences. May it help to put something around the cable? Because for where it's installed, it can't be moved.

But I'll also try to change the Cerbo port and check if connection is OK at the MPPT.

img-1846.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
img-1846.jpg (865.8 KiB)

Related Resources