question

jan-martin-vagen avatar image
jan-martin-vagen asked

Smartshunt SOC leap

I had something strange happen that I don’t understand. I installed a 220 ah battery bank and left it overnight without other chargers than a solar panel. This is a boat and the fridge is on and draws power. In the morning the consumption was about 30ah which left the SOC around 80%. When I opened up the VictronConnect app a moment later, the SOC had jumped up to 100%, and I really don’t understand why. The ratio between charged and discharged energy would suggest to me that the SOC should be less

Can anyone help me shed a bit of light on this one? Thanks! :)
b5584b23-8231-4689-bddf-517002af7c3d.png

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Jan Martin Vagen

I can see it is a new installation. So maybe we need to check up on your settings and also knowing your battery type would be helpful.

Assuming all the other settings are correct for your battery and it has had a full cycle, meaning it has made one full charge cycle into absorption, it should re synchronize correctly then.

Did you have the opportunity to watch the video when setting up the shunt? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HG4GiH9su8... from about 3:22 the settings section starts.

If you hit reset history at all then it can also cause the jump. The culprits in the attached picture...

1622570011848.png (17.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.