question

Mathew Hamilton Green avatar image
Mathew Hamilton Green asked

Lowest Voltage for charging on a Smart ip67 charger

Hey

I have built a 4s100p Lithium battery pack and charged the whole thing using the ip67 17a charger.

All was good...
I installed a Daley BMS and have been using it fine until about a week ago when the inverted started rebooting randomly.

I checked out my pack and the first cell pack voltage was 3.63V with the others at 3.99V, 3.94V and 4.2V.

Clearly there is probably something wrong with the BMS?
They were all equal voltage before the initial charge.

They have been charged via Solar for the last couple of months and no issues at all.

My question is this...

Can i use the ip67 charger to charge up 1S - 4.6V with 260aH of juice? Does it go that low on the voltage?

I am using a B6 charger at 7Amps and obviously it's taken a long time!

Another point was I did find a single cell in the 3.99V pack that was very hot and short circuiting which I removed and confirmed was dead. That may have caused the BMS to act up perhaps?

Any thoughts welcome! :-)

battery chargingLithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Take a look at the demo library of VictronConnect.

The lowest absorption voltage you can set is 12.8V. It is a 12V battery charger so it would make no sense to be able to set the voltage so low.

BTW 4.6V is pretty high for a single cell.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mathew Hamilton Green answered ·

Thanks for that.

I did think it would be low but I know my Victron Inverter takes voltages from 9.5V to 17.5V and thought maybe the charger was as flexible.

2 |3000

Mathew Hamilton Green answered ·

Sorry typo for 4.6V should be 4.2V!!

2 |3000