question

angus avatar image
angus asked

VE.direct USB not recognise by windows 7

Hello, I have some problem to connect my VE direct USB cable to my computer with windows 7 32 bits. I have by this product before tis holidays and everything was OK. But next week I try to use it to connect to my MPPT : but each time I plug the Vedirect cable, Windows says me that the USB periphal is not recognise. I have try to reinstall the driver and the software victron connect : nothing change.

If I connect this cable to another computer there is no problem.

There must have a problem with my computer : could you help me to reinstall the driver correctly?

Thanks

Regards

VE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Hi,

did you try, to delete the device drivers in Windows Device Manager and start all over new?

There are some good documentations available online, describing how to get this done exactly.

Regards,

Markus

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

angus avatar image
angus answered ·

Hi,

Yes I did it. To be sur I've download the utilities to do this on the website of FDTI the manufacturer of the cable and the driver.

Another thing : when I connect the adaptator on the USB port and when I look in the device manager the identification of the periphal I've got VID=0000 and PID =000 instead of VID 0403 and PID 6015. It must be the reason why the driver can't found the device but I don't know why the computer can't read this identification.

Thanks

2 |3000

markus avatar image
markus answered ·

That is odd. Maybe someone of the Victron Staff knows a solution. As a last suggestion: do you connect directly to a USB port of your computer, or over some USB hub and have you tried to connect to different USB ports?

Regards,

Markus

2 comments
2 |3000

angus avatar image angus commented ·

Thanks for your help. The VE.Direct cable is connected directly to the computer.

Do you know how to contact someon off Victron Staff, because I'm not sure the seller of the cable could help me?

Regards

Alain

0 Likes 0 ·

Is it possible to get another cable to see if that works on your computer?

0 Likes 0 ·
angus avatar image
angus answered ·

I don't have another cable. But I don't think it is a problem of cable, because when I connect it on another computer, everything is OK. I think it is a bug of the driver. I have tried to desinstall it and reinstall, with the same result.

2 |3000

Related Resources