question

gunnadoo avatar image
gunnadoo asked

12/2000 inverter smart settings low battery issues

Using 1x300ah lithium with 200a constant draw but when I run loads ie small 900w kettle drawing 85a it cuts out and restarts with low battery. Have also used microwave with 1500w max input at various power settings and load gets to 145amps and cuts out am using 2awg cables 70cm long with 200a circuit breaker is there a specific setting I need or do I try with dynamic cutoff turned on even though victron advise it’s not relevant

Phoenix Inverter
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gunnadoo avatar image gunnadoo commented ·

Had some confusion between 2 awg and 2/0 awg so maybe if I double up the cable… anyway did a test again 900w kettle drawing 84 amp the bmv showed a voltage Drop down to 12.6v and inverter cut out changed dynamic cut out settings to 12v and tried again it went down to 12.5 and all good but tried microwave using 150a and inverter still cuts out then need charger turned on before inverter switches on again maybe the charge detected setting also needs changing I will reset inverter back to factory settings and try doubling the cable to see if voltage drop changes before investing in 70mm2- 0/2awg

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Your battery cables are a little undersized ~ resulting in voltage drop between battery and inverter? Phoenix Smart Inverter manual.

smart-phoenix-wiring.png

Is your circuit breaker a quality unit? PPL have problems with cheapies.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gunnadoo avatar image gunnadoo commented ·

Thanks see my comment above anyway I thought as it was a short run 35mm2 would be ok but obviously not with voltage drop

0 Likes 0 ·