question

Mike avatar image
Mike asked

Quatro 3000 firmware failure

Hi, I have a quatro 12 3000 120 a firmware upgrade failed. Now all 8 leds turn on and i cannot connect to the unit. I have tried the android app with the firmware fail option without success. The app can not find the inverter. I am using a mk3 interface. If I depower the unit and wait, when I repower the unit , it takes about 8 seconds for all the leds to turn on.

I have tried with 12v and 240v connected to it.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerfirmware updateled
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I would then try this

from a windows 10 computer,

Install the Free victron VE configure program details on how to download it are below its a PDF with step by step instructions

https://www.victronenergy.com/search/?q=ve+configure

install the software, about 4 programs will install

download the correct firmware from the victron energy web site, you will need to register

connect the MK3 to its USB port

Connect the RJ45 connector on the MK3 to your multiplus VE-bus port

then

open VEflash

and follow the update instructions given by the program

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mike avatar image
Mike answered ·

Thanks. I tried that with no success. It seems different to a lot of others. All 8 leds are ob permanently.

Any other ideas?

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

You should ask your dealer or a local seller/installer for help.

https://www.victronenergy.com/where-to-buy

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike avatar image
Mike answered ·

Thanks. I will try that I have been using a win 7 computer.

The whole upgrade seems very temperamental. While the inverter is booting it seems possible to access the eprom via the mk3 cable. Once it has finished booting it is locked with all 8 leds lit. It seems random as to the time it takes to boot to the locked status. I have tried depoweing and discharging the caps to get a full reboot. It works about one try in ten.

I am suspicious of a hardware issue.

2 |3000