question

custom avatar image
custom asked

Question to VE.Direct MPPT protocol

Hello Community,

I am developing a system to control my BlueSolar 75/10 MPPT charger and I have already read the published document on the VE.Direct Hex Protocol.

Is there a register in which the current setpoint voltage of the switching regulator of the MPPT can be read? So to speak, the float or absorption voltage including temperature compensation?

I want to use this information to use the excess solar power with a pwm regulated load.

I tried to read out register Charge Voltage Set-Point 0x2001, but it's set to 0xffff during standalone mode. Even when I switched to MPPT to Charge master mode, the Set-Point 0x2001 was still 0xffff. Does the bluesolar 75/10 not support charge master mode?

If there's no way to read out this directly, I will try to calculate the voltage in my microcontroller by using float or absorption voltage and the battery temperature with the compensation.

I'm already writing the battery temperature into the MPPT and it's reported back correctly.

Thanks,

Thorsten

P.S. I chose Victron products because the protocols and interfaces used are documented.
MPPT ControllersVE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
calimero avatar image
calimero answered ·

What is your code to set MPPT to charge master mode?

I want to do the same. Send it to me and i will try it on a MPPT 100/50.

Maybe it will work. See How to set MPPT to Charge master? Set 0x200E to b0100001, charger uses internal charge profile. - Victron Community (victronenergy.com)

Markus

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.