question

fungi avatar image
fungi asked

Can someone please help me to understand what is going on here? I'm using hub-1 to manage 900 Ah of SLAs. I can't use ESS because the firmware won't let me. Tends to happen mainly in the morning and evening.

low battery warning
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

You'll have to give some more information about your system to be able to help you.

0 Likes 0 ·
fungi avatar image fungi boekel ♦ commented ·

What information do you want

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ fungi commented ·

Everything that can help, we can't guess what's in your system and what happens.

So the system components, a diagram if possible.
pictures of the wiring

settings of the inverter
VRM curves of voltage / current / etc.

a low voltage message at 28 volts seems strange ;)

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

I think I'd just use a 'generator start/stop' assistant to engage AC-in for such a system, but that shouldn't be the reason it doesnt work.

Can you measure at the battery terminals of the Multi what the actual voltage is there? My first suspicion would be a voltage drop somewhere.

You didn't post pictures of the cabling. checked all fuses in system?

did you set battery monitor in the CCGX to BMV?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fungi avatar image
fungi answered ·

Here are some photos of the system. Charger not enabled, virtual switch not enabled. grid feeding not permitted.

2 |3000

fungi avatar image
fungi answered ·

I've identified the problem. The batteries are cactus. I'm considering investing in NiFe to replace them. Not much info on them in this forum.... ..

1 comment
2 |3000

Thanks for the update.

Out of curiosity I looked up your batteries, they're designed for 'floating' applications, like UPS systems / telecom power supplies.
Using these for cyclic applications you're lucky if you get 200 cycles out of them.

https://www.cyb.co.nz/content/industrial/telecommunications/batteries/uxl-specs/uxl220-2.pdf

0 Likes 0 ·
fungi avatar image
fungi answered ·

I got them five years ago for five hundred dollars and they have done a reasonable job in that time. They were discharged to 22.5 v every day.

1 comment
2 |3000

Good catch then :)
And one of the upsides of lead-acid...scrap value is usually also good ;)

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic