question

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image
Warwick Bruce Chapman asked

MultiPlus II 48 3000 on Float but Low Battery Flashing

My MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32 is connected to a parallel set of 2 x 48V banks of 4 x 12V lead-acid batteries in series.

For the first week, it was only in charger mode and for all but the first hour, the *FLOAT* LED has been on.

Today, I connected AC out and put all my network equipment on the AC out and flipped the switch from charger mode to on. Everything has powered up and is running (off the AC passthrough) and I tested the inverter and it seemed OK.

BUT, the *LOW BATTERY* LED is flashing. That is weird. Because the charger is also on and the *FLOAT* LED is on suggesting the batteries are fully charged.

Does the "DC input low pre-alarm" value need to be reduced?

This is the battery array:

This is a video of the LEDs:

Your browser does not support HTML5 video.

low battery warning
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Warwick Bruce Chapman answered ·

In the absence of any replies, I reduced the restart voltage to the float voltage on the charger tab and reduced the pre-alarm voltage to 52.00V (thumbsuck).

Surely there must be standard voltages for battery types for these parameters?

2.png (536.8 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·

This was the first comment I posted before the post above with 47, 51 and 49V.

0 Likes 0 ·
Warwick Bruce Chapman answered ·

On the advice of a friendly Victron distributor in Cape Town, I have configured the shutdown, restart and pre-alarm values as below:

3.png (565.1 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Howsit

Do you have ESS runing at all? If so, then there will also be Dynamic Cutoff Voltages to configure in the ESS assistant.

0 Likes 0 ·
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Nope. I will need to read more about ESS. I see that it is for saving some power but I need to understand better before I use it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Also, I believe that when ESS is enabled, these three values we are talking about are ignored.

0 Likes 0 ·
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi

They are about right, my settings for a AGM bank are 40v, 48v, 49.60v in that order

1 comment
2 |3000

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·

Thanks Rob. Your restart voltage Ian lower than your Pre-alarm. What’s your thinking there? You’d rather fire up the internet again while the batteries are charging?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic