question

vicky avatar image
vicky asked

Multigrid and RESU 6.5, Low Battery Alert

I am still in the process of getting my Multigris set up step by step. Overall I'd say I get along quite well. So for tomorrow I had planned to hook up the PV Inverter to AC Out.
Problem I have is that I can't get rid of the Low Battery alert.
LED: Mains ON, Bulk ON, Low Battery BLINKING !!!

Scheduled charging for an hour, worked. But Alarm still there. Is it maybe a false alert ?

Some screenshots fyi

LowBattery_Alert.pdf

low battery warning
lowbattery-alert.pdf (1021.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
vicky avatar image
vicky answered ·

Just realized, no alert shown in the VRM portal

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

Normally the 'DC input Low restart / pre-alarm' setting is where the LED starts blinking.

2 |3000

vicky avatar image
vicky answered ·

The settings I had have been confirmed by LG Chem support. So I didn't change anything, just waited. Meanwhile the alert is gone. As there is no PV power since days, the battery seems to stepwise increase its SOC, which Iassume is normal to keep the battery alive. Looking forward to see some sun...

1546946621613.png (21.0 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

I'd advocate not to use the 'battery life' setting on a Li-Ion battery, as these last longest when charged at 50% SOC

I'd only use battery life on a Lead-Acid battery.

0 Likes 0 ·
vicky avatar image vicky boekel ♦ commented ·

@Boekel

thanks for the advice, all I need to do is to change the mode, right ?

0 Likes 0 ·
1546973452641.png (22.6 KiB)
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ vicky commented ·

That is correct.

You could set the minimum SOC at something like 40% when there is little sunshine for a while.

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic