question

Alexandru Piriiala avatar image
Alexandru Piriiala asked

Phoenix Inverter 12V 500VA Negative Current calibration

Hello i used the search button and this topic was already discussed, i can understand that the current measuring components in the inverter are not the best but i need to calibrate the reading via software if possible (VenusOS RP)

With no load the inverter reads -0.2A altering all the DC power readings adding 46W of loads and its really annoyng, i have some experience with linux but i don't know how i can add a +0.2A to the reading and what to edit.

I could also act on the board if there is something that can be done to calibrate it.

When the inverter was new the readings were good.

Thank you.

immagine.pngimmagine.png

Phoenix Inverterinverter current draw
immagine.png (31.9 KiB)
immagine.png (27.7 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

runar-borge avatar image runar-borge commented ·

Hi Alexandru!

I have the exact same issue as you, but didn't notice your post until after i posted my own post..

Anyways i've created a small workaround for this issue by not allowing the negative reading from the inverter to pass back to the total count. https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/87555/dc-power-shows-incorrect-consumption-on-unloaded-p.html , i would not consider this as a fully working fix until victron can fix its code, so consider it is a workaround for now...

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

Phoenix Inverter product page

Phoenix Inverter Smart product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic