question

kaz avatar image
kaz asked

Wiring a Victron Battery monitor 702 - another question

Hi All

Thanks to those of you who responded to me regarding my previous post. Unfortunately I had posted an incorrect diagram - that caused some confusion - I have reposted the correct diagram here. Apologies I am not even an amature electrician!

Questions:

1) I assume I can still attach all black wires from house to shunt battery only

2) Then all black from start battery to Loads and Chargers

3) then included red wires to shunt/red terminals of batteries as indicated

4) confused through about black wire that goes between black house and black start (in diagram) - feels like that would circumvent shunt if connected to both Battery Only and Loads and Chargers as per above?

5) will switching system still work?

6) I have a battery voltage meter for both batteries - might it be an option to just put Victron on House? If I did - do I leave the black cable between battery on shunt and black on start? Again - feels wrong.

7) will charging system still work - from engine alternator and 20A charger?

Thanks all - really appreciate the support!!!

BMV Battery Monitorwiring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
michelg avatar image
michelg answered ·

Hi Kaz, I will suggest that you use a bus bar in order to attach the cables, Much easier to do than having all of them connected to the shunt .

Michel

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kaz avatar image kaz commented ·

Thanks Michel for your answer - appreciate it.

kaz

0 Likes 0 ·