question

ghostrider avatar image
ghostrider asked

Cerbo GX to BMV-712 Options

I've got a new Dynamax motorhome. They installed a BMV-712 in the center of the layout but the rest of the electronics are easily available.

I loved my Cerbo in my previous RV so I am doing it again...but I dont think its going to be possible to get a ve.Direct cable from the BMV to the Cerbo GX..or anywhere for that matter, it was installed before the walls were in and the com cable now runs under the shower and out of the floor quite a ways away from the nearest physical access. I can get to the back of the BMV, but only a few inches from there. Plus I think the wires are zip tied in, so I dont think I can just pull the com cable as a guide to fish 2 new wires through.

Any other options to get BMV data to a Cerbo than going from the BMV with a cord?

I'd love to Bluetooth, but I think the answer to that is still No.

Motorhome is fully RV-C, but don't think that'll hook up to a BMV. (for battery..I'll be diving into that later to get more data to the Cerbo)

I could go to the shunt quite easily from the Cerbo...but how?

Seems very redundant, but maybe a SmartShunt inline with the BMV shunt? Or is there a way to send 2 outputs from a single shunt to a 2nd BMV installed in my electronics bay?

Open to ideas...

cerbo gxBMV Battery Monitorwiring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@Ghostrider unfortunately you will need to use a VE Direct > VE Direct cable between the BMV and Cerbo.

If you cant run the cable, another option would be to add a SmartShunt to your system, keeping the BMV in place.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.