question

drtsr1 avatar image
drtsr1 asked

Victron says that I can install my controllers after the BMV-712 how do you do this

Due to space limitations my MMPT 130/30's are installed 10 ft from my BMV-712 and batteries, the manual says that I can install the controllers after the BMV-712 and still get the results I required(BMV-712 functioning normally). Victron Manual pg 27 item 6.4 says that I can use this configuration. But also states programing knowledge is required(what does this mean).

The question is how do I perform this configuration? Thanks for any help you can provide. Please help

MPPT ControllersBMV Battery Monitorwiring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

The shunt goes in the battery negative lead.

The 712 is programmed using Victron connect app via Bluetooth. Free download. You can install the app, go into the demo library select the 712 and experiment with the settings without having a 712.

Suggest you download and read the manuals if you haven't already done so. There are links to the product pages below and the manuals are available from the specific product.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.