question

escapade avatar image
escapade asked

Lynx Shunt VE.CAN Battery Status PGN for Batt Instance 0 not transmitted.

I have a Lynx Shunt VE.CAN that has been installed on my boat since 2015. During the installation I upgraded the firmware to v1.09. The shunt has been working fine since that time. I have it on my N2K network and display the CAN data using Maretron N2K view on my PC.

Recently I reviewed the current firmware for my Victron devices and noticed a warning about not using v1.09 and that only v1.08 should be used on the Lynx Shunt VE.CAN. The warning indicates that v1.09 may work for a long time but will eventually cause the product to enter an endless reboot loop making the product unusable.

Reading this I decided that I should 'down grade' to v1.08 which I did.

Now after the downgrade the shunt is no longer transmitting PGN 127508 Battery Status for Battery Instance 0. It is transmitting for Battery Instance 1. It is transmitting PGN 127506 DC Detailed Status for DC Instance 0.

I have checked all the VREGs and all seems correct. I have sent the following commands to the unit over can bus:

x102C - Synchronize Monitor Command

x1029 - Zero Current Command

x1030 - Clear History

I have also tried power cycling the shunt.

I have also tried reflashing the shunt (with the same 1.08 firmware).

Please help!

Jens

lynx shunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I cant find any referance to this downgrade request could you please send a link just sop out of interest I can also see why.

Thanks

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

escapade avatar image
escapade answered ·

Note v1.09 has been released, but later redrawn. Do not use it,

use v1.08 instead.

It is also no longer necessary to use v1.09. It was only created

to allow configuration on the CCGX. But since CCGX version v1.30,

which will be released in October 2015, the CCGX can also configure

Lynx Shunts with v1.08 and earlier.

The problem with v1.09 is that the Lynx Shunt can end up in a reboot

loop, which makes it impossible to use. It might even work fine at

first, but then after a later power cycle end up in a reboot loop.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic