question

Stef avatar image
Stef asked

Lynx Shunt VE.Can installation

Hello,

I have to install a Lynx Shunt VE.Can and a Lynx Distributor. Both have 2 RJ11(or 12) sockets. And a short wire is supply with same connector. I don't find any manual or any schematic about those 2 device.

Can someone help me, please ?

lynx shunt
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mark avatar image Mark commented ·

Hi Couleur_solaire.

When I built my DC Lynx system,I asked Johannes from Victron the same question!.

The rj11 fly leads are to connect the VE-can to the distrubutor for feedback on when a fuse blows.when the fuse way blows the LED changes colour from green to red for visual indication and sends the info back to the ccgx over the VE-can.however this is a future upgrade and is not yet implemented,so I was advised.

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Stef avatar image
Stef answered ·

Many thanks, Guy for your answer ! The right solution is in the 3rd links, because the 2 first are about Lynx Ion, so for LFP batteries…

An other disagreement, is that the type of fuse (CNN fuse) in the lynx shunt is not the same that all of other devices (Mega fuses) and not very easy to find ! One is on Victron pricelist, but 325 A is often not enough in a DC distribution. For example in a 3 phases system…

In most of all systems I've made, I installed ESP DC Link Boxes, easy and fast to connect and looks very well ! But today I have to make a 3 phases system with 4 series of batteries. So my plan was to try the Lynx way for DC distribution… It's not a so funny experience !

(sorry for my so bad english !! ;-)

1 comment
2 |3000

georgebester avatar image georgebester commented ·

Why Victron cant include that CNN fuse for the shunt as NOBODY carries this stock and when you finnaly get the shunt you find that it cant be used without this fuse . I spent much more in my time WASTED than the price of fuse especially as all the other shunts work out of the box

0 Likes 0 ·
johnsmith avatar image
johnsmith answered ·

CNN fuse is of no use to you if your running LIPO anyway as it is only 2.5kA AIC. Probably better with a smartshunt and a copper bar for your negative and fuse your lipos properly with >25kA NH00/NH1 fuses.

2 |3000

georgebester avatar image
georgebester answered ·

Thanks but Im using 200ah agm and can't buy another victron shunt model because the lynx shunt I bought does not have fuse.

Furthermore the shunt is not even working and I've had to bypass it but that is another story . Also Ive had to get a RMA for the Mppt that suddenly stopped working

and now after weeks of troubleshooting it looks like the ground relay may also be faulty with the Multiplus 48v 230v 5000 and will also need a RMA . The problems appears intermittently .

bottom line after all this money and time I'm not satisfied with Victron right now and the illusive Shunt Fuse above just adds to the irritation.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Lynx Shunt VE Can online manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic