question

CristiMV avatar image
CristiMV asked

Victron EV Charging Station availability

Hi.

This message is mainly for Victron staff.

I'm fully aware that there are already stations installed for end customers, mainly with the title of testing units, the question remains.

When this product will be available for general public?

Thanks

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/evchargingstation

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
CristiMV avatar image
CristiMV answered ·

Helloooooo....someone from Victron can give us an answer here? At least some estimations if not concrete dates?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Meine_Energiewende avatar image
Meine_Energiewende answered ·

Victron will not answer to this question. It is one of the community rules.

It's done when it's done ......

Jens

5 comments
2 |3000

CristiMV avatar image CristiMV commented ·

Thanks Jens, but some of us need this kind of info to plan ahead. And I'm not the first and only asking for such an information. It's already a best practice since years, that companies are sharing their roadmaps with the public, so we know what to expect and when...or at least an estimation, or at least to keep the public up-to-date, what is the status, etc...even more when delays maybe are related to some more strict regulations that just changes in the meantime

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ CristiMV commented ·

And what happens if Victron now says it will be available in 6 months and it than delays for another 6 months?

Many people will be angry because they planned with a release in 6 months.

So it is better to say nothing.

0 Likes 0 ·
CristiMV avatar image CristiMV Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

sorry to be so blunt....can you please let Victron staff reply? thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ CristiMV commented ·

Victron will not answer that.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/5889/new-victron-community-guidelines.html

When will new product X, Y or Z be available?

Please do not ask the community when products, updates or approvals will be ready or available.

New products are announced at various shows and on the Victron blog website. This is done when the specifications are quite certain, but before there is a good indication around supply dates. Delays can occur. Victron Professionals can subscribe to our weekly newsletter which provides updates.

Check the price list on our website. For soon-coming-but-not-yet-in-available products, it lists an indicative release date. Once in the price list, you can place an order with your distributors, and then you will be among the first to receive the product when it starts shipping. Anything not listed in the price list yet is not progressed far enough for us to give out a date. So we will not comment on availability questions.

Approvals are often subject to testing and 3rd party organisations that operate on their own timeline.

Thanks for your interest and patience, we want to have these available too!

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ CristiMV commented ·

@cristimv

Please read what Matthias Lange wrote.

0 Likes 0 ·
tozz avatar image
tozz answered ·

Out of curiousity, why do you want this victron EVSE? It wont win any design prices. So what feature are you looking for?

4 comments
2 |3000

CristiMV avatar image CristiMV commented ·

I'm looking for the functionality and not design. Mainly to be able to charge the EV only with the surplus, after the 48V bank batteries were charged. I assume that there are other stations that could work, still I'm trying also to minimize the number of vendors for my components. And as I mentioned, this is a question for the Victron staff.

0 Likes 0 ·
tozz avatar image tozz CristiMV commented ·

Okay, I have an Alfen Pro-Line S EVSE (which supports Modbus as loadbalancing source) and I've created a Python script that tells the EVSE how much power it is allowed to consume. Perhaps it could be an alternative?

I need to cleanup my script, but can add it to Github when I'm ready

0 Likes 0 ·
CristiMV avatar image CristiMV tozz commented ·

Thanks for the help, but I cannot find this station available in Romania. I could also an Eaton or Keba stations that are compatible with MyPv AcThor device. I’m using this into my system for heating the water in the boiler.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

As far as I know is this picture is from a very early prototype (more than 1.5 years old).
I doubt the final product will look like this.

0 Likes 0 ·
hardy-tuner avatar image
hardy-tuner answered ·

Victron Energy answered at youtube comments september 2021 :

Something called a Pandemic got in the way of manufacturing! ;-).

It's coming though, we will let everyone know. Thanks for watching.

found by youtube comments september 2021:

"Electric Kart Racing closes major city - Powered by Victron Solar & Lithium"

2 |3000

CristiMV avatar image
CristiMV answered ·

Too late…I went for Fronius Wattpilot

2 |3000

kevin-sharpe avatar image
kevin-sharpe answered ·
1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
As distributor we can order it but it will be delivered in two months or so.
0 Likes 0 ·
ponzoa avatar image
ponzoa answered ·

I can't seem to find it in the Q1/22 pricelist. If they can't give us a date, which I understand, is a price estimate posible? I already have several customers interested in this in Spain.

2 comments
2 |3000

Tim D'hoe avatar image Tim D'hoe commented ·
There is a new pricelist now for Q2 22, it is in there for the rediculous amount of 1500 eur.

Not sure why it is more expensive than an inverter.

0 Likes 0 ·
CristiMV avatar image CristiMV Tim D'hoe commented ·
I can confirm, this is the list price. 1500eur which indeed is ridiculous. A Fronius Wattpilot 22kW is around 850eur. Which by the way works flawlessly in a Victron-Fronius hybrid system. So what’s the difference for? For a useless touchscreen that 99% is not needed?
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic