question

elic avatar image
elic asked

712 not showing charging current

Hello I have the 712 monitoring a aux battery in my car. It’s a Renogy 100ah life4po being charged off the main battery and alternator using a redarc BCDC 1225d. Everything seems to be indicating correctly except it never shows a positive charge or adds to the SOC setting. The charging seems to be working as it is sending 14v to the battery then goes to float once full but the SOC only ever decreases and never increases. Also it only shows negative watts and amp hours as if it’s not charging but it is taking a charge?

How can I sort this out?

battery chargingbmv 712
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

This makes me think that your shunt is wired incorrectly or it is the wrong way around. The only thing that must connect to the negative terminal of the Aux battery is the shunt - nothing else. All the loads and the charger that you would usually connect to the negative terminal of the battery must go to the side of the shunt marked "LOAD / CHARGER". The negative of the Aux battery connects to the other terminal of the shunt labelled "BAT -"

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

elic avatar image
elic answered ·

Thank you. I went back through my wiring and I had followed the charger wiring diagram which ran it to the negative. Rerouted all negatives through the shunt and she works perfect now. Thanks!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic