question

justinjbaron avatar image
justinjbaron asked

VictronConnect Alarms and VRM Questions

Hello. I have a Victron Smart battery monitor and Solar Controller. I'm receiving alerts about SOC and Voltage in VictronConnect App (Android) despite the fact that I seem to be within the configured alarming parameters. Pictures below. Does anyone else have this issue?

Also, I just realized that the app is not designed to show notifications in the phone's notifications area. They only show in the app itself. What is the best way to make an enhancement request to Victron to actually alert in the notification area? This would be very helpful and a big way of unknowingly letting the batteries fall below a certain level.

Finally is there any way I can remotely monitor these devices without a GX product?

Thank you!

Justin

screenshot-20210419-113216.png

screenshot-20210419-113122.png

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You are between the alarm and reset value, try to increase SOC and voltage above the reset value.

I don't know if it is possible to add the feature of notifications on the phone. This will require a permanent Bluetooth connection.

To get the data to the VRM Portal you need a GX device with internet connection, a LoRaWAN module, the new GlobalLink 520 or a raspberry Pi with Venus OS + internet connection.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources