question

spicedreams avatar image
spicedreams asked

connect BMV 700 by VE.Direct to EasySolar II GX- what more must I do?

I have already the EasySolar II GX and the BMV-700, both up and working but not connected to each other.

However I don't get State of Charge information in the Remote Console or VRM portal. The only place I get SoC is on the BMV-700 display.

Since both the EasySolar II GX and the BMV-700 have VE.Direct ports, I have bought a VE.Direct cable, hoping that if I connect them then I will start to see SoC remotely.

My questions:

1. Must I wait until the EasySolar is shut down before connecting the cable?

2. Once the cable is connected and EasySolar is back running, is there anything I need to do to get the two talking to each other?

3. Will connecting them in fact get me the benefit I am hoping for? Or is there something else I should be doing?

Thanks!

Graham

BMV Battery MonitorEasySolar All-in-OneVE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

After connecting the BMV (no matter if the GX is ON or OFF) the BMV should appear in the device list and you have to check settings -> System Setup -> Battery monitor

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

After you have them connected, also read about DVCC and (if you have grid there) about ESS.

1 comment
2 |3000

spicedreams avatar image spicedreams commented ·

No grid so no ESS.

I have read about DVCC a couple of times now (from pointers given by the community) and am no clearer what the benefit is. I can see it changes the system's behaviour, but does it put more energy into the batteries, or make them last longer?

0 Likes 0 ·