question

brent1982 avatar image
brent1982 asked

Does the Lynx Smart Bms exist?

As per the topic, this product is listed in the victron product page, yet can find absolutely no evidence of it out in the real world.

https://www.victronenergy.com.au/dc-distribution-systems/lynx-smart-bms

BMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Its brand new

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

brent1982 avatar image brent1982 commented ·

OK kool. Had a feeling that may have been the case. But still doesn't explain the lack of a single search result about it online.

All good though, thanks.

Will keep an eye out for it

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ brent1982 commented ·

Ok success (and I recommend contacting a dealer or distributor in your area)

0 Likes 0 ·
henri-bergius avatar image henri-bergius mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
No such luck. I ordered one in the beginning of June, and the delivery date keeps being pushed back in two-week increments. Now that I’ve been half of the summer without working boat batteries I’ve had to accept that this product is vaporware and cancel my order.
0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ henri-bergius commented ·
Hi, yes its unfortunate.

New product (ramp up) + continuous partial lockdowns in India (where production is of this product) + extreme growth of sales for many other products + shortages in components (for example lockdowns and shutdowns of Infineon factories and so forth) + logistical chaos in both SEA and AIR shipments make all together for an extremely difficult situation.

Its being worked on continuously by a lot of people, we’re all looking forward for the world to become a bit more organised again. And planning a bit less unreliable.

My apologies.

0 Likes 0 ·