I was hoping to go all-Victron for my van build, but it is beginning to look like I cannot go all-Victron. (See my other question, "Does the MultiPlus 3 kVA Inverter/Charger allow me to set an upper limit on the wattage?")
Here's my current thinking:
- 1x Lithionics GTX12V315A Battery
- 2x-3x Victron Orion Smart DC-DC Charger - 30A
- Victron Solar MPPT 100/50
- Xantrex XC Pro 3000 inverter/charger
1) Assuming I go all Victron, except for inverter/charger, what are my monitoring choices?
2) For example, should I still consider Cerbo GX?
3) If I do go with Cerbo, do I actually need the GX Touch 50 to start with, or can I just use my iPhone to start with, and add the Touch later if I decide it would be useful?
4) On the MPPT, there is Smart and there is Blue. Does getting one versus the other have an impact on monitoring? If so, what?(All of these units will be in close proximity to each other, except for possibly the Touch, in case that matters.)
5) If I go with the Xantrex, I will get their Control Panel. Given that, is there any reason to consider a Victron Smart Shunt? (I am admittedly not entirely sure exactly how and when one would use the Smart Shunt, hence the vague question :-)
For the record, I am brand new to this rodeo, so I am likely to have missed some very basic info. Feel free to correct me and/or redirect me.