question

Jonathan Phillips avatar image
Jonathan Phillips asked

Is it possible to configure a Multiplus compact 1600 for LiPo batteries?

I have read the manual and as far as I can tell there is no mention of Lithium batteries or how to configure the Multiplus for them. I no longer have any batteries apart from a 24v 200amp hour LiPo so i need to find out if the Multiplus is still okay to use. I have a Blue Solar 100/15 Charge controller.

Lithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Jonathan Phillips,

yes that's possible. Be aware that if you want to setup a custom charge profile, you'll need a MK3 to USB interface and use VE.Configure for programming.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jonathan Phillips avatar image Jonathan Phillips commented ·

I have tried to connect using the MK3 to USB interface but it wouldn't connect. Maybe there is a certain process for connecting the computer to the Mulitiplus?

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Jonathan Phillips commented ·

Without knowing what exactly you have tried and how, it will be difficult to give you more advanced help on this.

A good source to look at is the VE.Configure Manual - connecting the MK3 to a Windows PC.

It may be worth looking also at the How to configure a Victron MultiPlus with VictronConnect using an MK3-USB adapter Youtube Video - connecting the MK3 to the VictronConnect App.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ Jonathan Phillips commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Jonathan Phillips avatar image
Jonathan Phillips answered ·

Thank you for your prompt response. I was able to connect and re-set the Multiplus to cater for LiPo4 batteries.

1 comment
2 |3000

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

So why it would not connect? What you had to change?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources