question

billy-bowman-shaw avatar image
billy-bowman-shaw asked

LoRaWAN/CCGX Backlog data

I have a CCGX installed on a solar powered vessel in a very remote area. I want to connect a LoRaWAN Module so the CCGX can connect to the VRM when the vessel is docked.

Will the backlog of data, that is logged when the vessel is in remote locations, be sent out when the LoRaWAN connection is re-acquired at docking? The LoRaWAN Module manual says it does not offer this capability, but will the CCGX not automatically transmit this data backlog?

I could use a WiFi connection at berthing but there is large distance from the riverbank to the nearest WiFi router. Therefore a LoRaWAN would be a more reliable option.

VRMLoRaWAN
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Patrick avatar image
Patrick answered ·

I would try using a wifi access point mounted higher then possible obstructions to extend the wifi directly to the CCGX via ethernet.

The LoRaWAN device is only compatible with VE. direct devices it's not design to send data from a GX device like the CCGX. See list of compatible VE. direct devices below taken from product page.

All MPPT Solar Charge Controllers which have a VE.Direct Port

• BMV Battery Monitor 700 series

• BMV Battery Monitor 712 Smart series

• Phoenix Inverter VE.Direct models

-Patrick

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources