question

jeffb avatar image
jeffb asked

Smart Shunt Discharge Cycle Depth

Installed the SmartShunt 500A and it works pretty well. Definitely complements the information gathered from my Smart Solar charger. However, I can't figure out why the discharge cycle depth is fixed at 65%. Why isn't this a programmable value? My usual battery bank (flooded lead-acid) discharge cycle depth is 70% to 75% - so the Smart Shunt history shows zero discharge cycles.

Also still tweaking the parameters for synchronization. All the directions assume the charger and the battery are the only things connected. In actuality there are other devices being powered by the solar panel - the load can vary from minute to minute. So figuring out values for the tail current in both devices that result in reliable 100% synchronization is challenging. How come the charger and shunt - which are connected in a VE network - don't share more information? When the solar charge controller flips from Absorption to Float, if the Smart Shunt hasn't yet synchronized the SOC, the voltage will never be high enough during this charge cycle to automatically snyc the Smart Shunt. My MPPT (Victron SmartSolar 100 | 30) controller should tell the Smart Shunt it thinks the battery is charged, and it's time to sync.

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers