question

i-jaghoori avatar image
i-jaghoori asked

Maximum Charging Current /Equalization

I have a 24/3000/70 Inverter/Charger. My battery bank is consisting of 9 SPRE 12 225 Trojan batteries that are connected in three strings of 24-Volts. The battery maximum charging current specified by the battery manufacturer is 13% of C24, which is a little more than 26 amps for my batteries. My question is, considering the three parallel strings, can I/should I set the charging current up to three times the prescribed charging current if the inverter or the size of the input wires and upstream devices support it. I am aware that this inverter is rated for 70 amp.

The next question is, how do I manually put the device into equalization mode? And what would be the consequences of the setting discussed above over this procedure?

Thanks in advance.

multiple inverters
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Yes this is fine as you have three strings of batteries then increasing the max charge by 3 is fine as this will charge them to there correct max rate of amps in my opinion.

make sure you have the temp sensor installed correctly and watch the batteries closely the first few times, to make sure they dont get to hot

In regards to equalization mode, as far as I know you would have to follow the manufactures voltage settings and adjust the Absorption voltage up for the time period required and every so often do this manually

Dont forget to reduce it back afterwards

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic