question

offgridsystems avatar image
offgridsystems asked

Missing Consumption data on VRM dashboard

One of my installations has until recently been showing consumption data, but for the last few days and possibly before only shows some consumption data on the dashboard.

I have tried to remotely load the latest firmware on the customers CCGX in case the issue is the usual firmware bug, but when I try it comes back with an error, so unable to change firmware.

See image for todays data chart so far. You can see the VRM is seeing customer consumption, just not showing it all.

Note: This installation is off grid with just generator and battery. No PV fitted yet.screenshot-2021-03-28-at-161232.png

VRM
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

offgridsystems avatar image offgridsystems commented ·

Oops.. I forgot to mention this installations is only a few months old and has been reporting OK for some time, but now has this anomaly. CCGX firmware is 2.51

0 Likes 0 ·
ben-pearce avatar image ben-pearce offgridsystems commented ·

Hi offgridsystems,

Did you get this resolved?

I have a similar issue with an off-grid system. It began after updating the firmware on a CCGX and modifying a few other settings to limit the load on a generator required sporadically for winter. All was working fine for a year prior. This install now shows a "filler" consumption that exactly matches generation. Oddly everything seems to be recording correctly aside from the consumption display and totals in VRM.

Before firmware update:

screenshot-2021-08-22-230348-pre.png

After firmware update:

screenshot-2021-08-22-230252-post.png

It has been like this for about 4 months now. Any advice from you or anyone else that might have suggestions on how to return the device to showing an accurate consumption record would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Ben

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I suspect that you may have the update interval set to hi try changing it to one min.

if you have 15 min set then you get a data point once every 15 min and then I think the VRM then averages it out, and thus you maybe missing a lot of high load points.

This is just a guess

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

svjubel avatar image
svjubel answered ·

Did you figure this out? I have the same problem now, that seemed to start for no reason.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic