question

Norman Kühn avatar image
Norman Kühn asked

Phoenix Inverter 12/375 - Venus OS - show AC Loads

Hello, I am new in the forum and german. so excuse my english. I have a Phoenix Inverter 12/375 with the lastest firmware 1.21 connected via ve.direct to a venus os 2.65-3 on a raspberry connect to the vrm portal. Both, the portal an the venus shows the loads as a factor of 23 Watt like 23, 46, 69 and so on. Why the loads are not the right value? is that a problem by the firmware or general? Will that be fix in the future?

Thank for an answer and I wish a happy weekend.

Greats from Berlin, Germany Norman

Venus OSPhoenix InverterVE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi all, this same question was also asked (& answered) here:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/83121/phoenix-inverter-12375-venus-os-show-ac-loads.html

For the original poster: next time please at least put in a note that you post it in two places. Thanks!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Norman Kühn avatar image
Norman Kühn answered ·

Ok, excuse for my inexact discription! More information about. The switch of the inverter is in postion on. I have a load of 60W on it generate with a computer, monitor an an led light. The venus shows 0W, from time to time it jumps to 23W or 46W. At the start of the computer I saw 69W, I think its a peak during startup. My led light is dimmable. After increase the brightness and connect a second lamp, I find out that chart:

Loads 0 - 65W = 23W on Venus
Loads 65 - 100W = 46W on Venus
Loads 100- 130W = 69W on Venus

I hope it is helpful.

Best regards Norman

2 |3000

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Kawanager

I think you'll find the reason for the 'step' is that Amps are reported only to one decimal point, so when W is calculated out it can't differentiate anything in between.

A good place to view this is the MFD app (in a browser, type "venus.local/app/"). Trying to 'balance' this stuff out will drive you crazy if you try, particularly with ac loads. Power factor may come into it too, and Victron may actually add in an allowance for self-consumption in your Phoenix. Just guessing there..

There's a few little things like this crop up as development rolls on incessantly. Eg. VRM in some places has Amps designated to 2 decimal places, but the second is always zero. And SOC is usually reported in round numbers, where I find to 1 decimal point is useful for tuning.

1 comment
2 |3000

Norman Kühn avatar image Norman Kühn commented ·

@JohnC

Yes, you are right, that's the reason. I tested it out with my dimmable LED lamp and the venus.local/app

The App shows 0,1, 0,2, 0,3 Amps. So 0,1 * 230 = 23, 0,2 * 230 = 46 .....

One decimal ist not enough to show real values, the resolution ist to bad.

Thank for the right explanation.

0 Likes 0 ·
Norman Kühn avatar image
Norman Kühn answered ·

I plan to buy a Phoenix Inverter smart 12/1600. Have this product the same issue?

Greats Norman

2 |3000