question

jcity avatar image
jcity asked

SmartShunt 500 amp Battery Monitor (Bluetooth) + ASS000100000 Temperature Sensor Not Working

I'm unable to get a temperature reading from the ASS000100000 when plugged into my Bluetooth 500A SmartShunt monitor (red wire from pos battery terminal to pos input on shunt terminal, black to neg input). App only shows "--" for temperature regardless of what I do. Have tried replacing the temperature sensor but with the same results. Bad SmartShunt? I would appreciate any guidance!

SmartShuntTemperature Sensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·
red wire from pos battery terminal to pos input on shunt terminal, black to neg input

The wire lug should be on the positive battery terminal.

The other end of the sensor should be:
- red wire on "V batt +" at the SmartShunt

- black wire at the "Aux" at the SmartShunt

You also must set the Auxilliary input as "Temperature" (using VictronConnect).

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jcity avatar image jcity commented ·

Thank you for the quick reply. It has been connected just as you said, trying both temp probes. Any other thoughts?
img-1461.jpgimg-1462.jpgimg-1463.jpgimg-1464.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
img-1461.jpg (2.4 MiB)
img-1462.jpg (3.4 MiB)
img-1463.jpg (171.6 KiB)
img-1464.jpg (86.1 KiB)
seb71 avatar image seb71 jcity commented ·

The shunt is new?

I see that it displays the battery voltage. But does it measure the current/power/Ah ?

Is the black wire making contact? If you slightly pull on it (without pressing the orange tab), does it stay inserted?

That battery box has water droplets in it. Put the shunt in a water tight enclosure.

1 Like 1 ·
jcity avatar image jcity seb71 commented ·

Shunt is brand new out of the box. Measures amperage and power. Black wire will not come out of the terminal block with traction, have adjusted, re-inserted, etc.

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 jcity commented ·

Well, if you tested it with two temperature sensors and none worked, probably the shunt is defective.

1 Like 1 ·
jcity avatar image jcity seb71 commented ·

My thinking as well. Thank you for your help troubleshooting.

0 Likes 0 ·