question

Chris avatar image
Chris asked

Synchronization of 2 phoenix multiplus

I have 2 phoenix multiplus 24/3000/70 connected together. I have a 12kva, 3 phase generator. I am using only one of the phases into the master phoenix but I would like to use 2 phases. 1 phase to each multiplus. I would like to have both AC outputs going to the same fuse board(consumer unit). My question is this ok or do I need to add any other hardware

Generator3 phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

Do you have any other hardware?

if you want to use 2 phases of the generator you can just use them as two separate multi's, of course the outputs have to be treated as different phases also.

Note that a lot of generators can be re-wired to put out 1 phase (usually at 60-70% maximum capacity. I've done this a couple of times and for a lot of systems 1 phase is much more practical.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Chris avatar image Chris commented ·

Thank you for answering my question. I would like to combine the 220v output, so 2x3000v. Is that possible? Once the AC comes out of the multiplus can that not be combined to go to a common live busbar of the consumer unit?

I do need to have the available 6000w to run the boat

Rewire the genset, do you not need to have a transformer to get the phases right?

Hardware, 2 Blue solar MPPT's , 7kwh 220v alternator , 1100amp/h batteries.

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ Chris commented ·

you cannot combine 2 phases.

what kind of generator do you have?

0 Likes 0 ·