question

jock-mckay avatar image
jock-mckay asked

SmartShunt 500a Battery Monitor Question

Apologies if this has been asked before, I have just installed a smartshunt into my camper van and got to admit I'm clueless, I am trying to find a wiring layout to install with 2 leisure batteries 12v 110ah fitted parallel. I have followed the quick install instructions up to section 6, but not sure if this is correct install as when engine running the app says I have a 8 v output rather than batteries getting charged, it also does not register when I have plugged van into mains power which is also charging the leisure batteries. what have I done wrong, there are 3 batteries in total in my van 2 leisure and a starter battery. I don't not require a reading from starter just from the leisure battery, also when I turn on lights the time remaining seems to be going down rapidly even though they are only small led lights. could the power cables be plugged into the wrong battery ? would this make a difference?

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jock-mckay avatar image
jock-mckay answered ·

An added note, smartshunt recognises when engine is ticking over, and shows charge too batteries...my mistake. However does not recognise when van is plugged into 240v connection for some reason. Any Ideas?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.