question

rithym1964 avatar image
rithym1964 Suspended asked

BMV-702 gone from displaying in VRM Dashboard

I like the new VRM dashboard it shows very useful info for monitoring away from home. Unfortunately in the last week the BMV-702 info has disappeared despite showing as a widget in the VRM Advanced menu and showing up in the Venus GX menu. It happened when the VictronConnect App upgraded to v5.38 and next time I went to VRM Dashboard it was gone from display. any help to get it back appreciated

VRMBMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

I think they removed it. It is missing for me, too (SmartShunt).

No connection with the VictronConnect app upgrade (just a coincidence).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rithym1964 avatar image
rithym1964 answered ·

Shame they added it and removed so quickly. I realize it duplicates some info already on the dashboard but it also provided some extra info at a glance. It would be highly beneficial to choose which info available is actually displayed on the dashboard so it can be kept clean with only what the user wants to see. It's different for most every situation...

2 |3000

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

It's still there for me using Win10 and Firefox browser. What are you fellows using??

2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

hey all, all the same info is still there, but then in the graph at the battery icon. We removed box that showed the same info, since it was shown twice on one page.

Click the "show details" link at the top of your VRM dashboard to see the gray "fold-outs" that for the battery contain voltage and current.

1616425386393.png

1616425386393.png (213.9 KiB)
7 comments
2 |3000

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

I prefer the separate box (but add battery temperature there).

With that, I don't have to click on "Show details" each time I clear the browser cookies.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ seb71 commented ·

I’ll check whats happening with battery temperature; at a minimum it should be in the gray fold-out

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

The battery temperature is there (in the "Show details" grey fold-out).

I don't remember seeing it in the separate block (but maybe it was there, too).

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ seb71 commented ·

Aahh. Ok! So there you see the disadvantage of having it in two places. (Thats a joke; or an attempt to one at least :-). ).

0 Likes 0 ·
larrysmith avatar image larrysmith commented ·

Does VRM have an area to see recent changes. I've spent several days second guessing changes I recently made, only to find out its changes you made.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ larrysmith commented ·

Hi!

Yes we do, its here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:change_log.

though I see that that last one is missing; I’ll ask the developers to update it.

Apologies about the confusion around this one.

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 larrysmith commented ·

VRM Portal changelog

Edit:

Ninja'd

0 Likes 0 ·