question

alex-frood avatar image
alex-frood asked

Multiplus VRM “system overview - AC-input: Not available” issue with Raspberry Pi

Any ideas why I might have this “system overview - AC-input: Not available”

Multiplus 12 / 3000 | 70 and Venos OS running on my Pi.

Install the multiplus yesterday. So not sure if it VRM setting related or not.

AC in available and it’s currently charging the batteries from it. Just not sure why the VRM is giving this error and email alerts because of it.

It is however showing AC in information on the VRM remote console & victornconnect on my MacBook

Thank you for any help you can offer.

e21f171e-ea52-4594-8a6d-806913ea1b4d.jpege86cfd13-b6a8-47cc-b971-eaca0aaeda1c.jpeg

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVRMGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Alex Frood,

make sure you have set AC Input set correctly to Grid/Shore Power or Generator in the UI/System setup.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alex-frood avatar image alex-frood commented ·

Thank you very much! All sorted now. That was the issue

0 Likes 0 ·
s1277 avatar image s1277 commented ·
In my Rv I set to shore. Do I need to change it if I run generator or will it still work on shore
0 Likes 0 ·
ilautar avatar image
ilautar answered ·
Having the same problem, where can I find this setting? Searched via VRM, remote console to rPI and m+ settings...
4 comments
2 |3000

ilautar avatar image ilautar commented ·
Meh, found it 5 mins after asking :)
0 Likes 0 ·
stephenpowers avatar image stephenpowers ilautar commented ·
Can you (or anyone else) share where this setting is exactly? I'm still learning this system and would like to correct this alarm on my setup. Thanks.
0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ stephenpowers commented ·

Open the remote console on your GX device. Go to Settings, then System Setup and AC Input 1 (or 2). Click on it and there you can make your choice.

bildschirmfoto-2022-02-01-um-174643.png

1 Like 1 ·
stephenpowers avatar image stephenpowers stephenpowers commented ·

Nevermind, I found it. Menu > Settings > System Setup

It's the settings in the GX/Pi, not the specific settings for the Multiplus.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/101445/multiplus-ii-not-showing-ac-input-on-cerbo-error-m.html

0 Likes 0 ·
pedro costoya avatar image
pedro costoya answered ·

Hi everyone,

Does anybody know why is it necesary to set AC input = Grid/generator/shorepower and not possible to set "Not available" without getting an alarm message?

When I set Grid, y have an anoying consum of energy from the grid --when it could be 0 thanks to the PV+batteries

As far as I know, AC input is how the Multiplus is feeded with energy, and I would prefer it to feed from the solar power (in first place). Then, if there is no sun power/battery, it would get energy from the grid.

thank you for your answers, happy to learn from the community!

2 |3000